Reviewed on 4/10/12
Who can use this resource
This checklist can be used by all employers throughout Australia, except the following excluded employers:
Non-constitutional corporation employers in Western Australia;
State public sector employees (ie employees of a Minister, the Governor or the Crown); and
Local Government employers — except in Tasmania.
Excluded employers may however, wish to use this document, but they should first obtain legal advice.
There are several considerations for employers when an employee decides to resign. Some of these include the accurate calculation of employee payout entitlements, notification to relevant parties affected by the resignation, and arrangements for the return of all company property. This checklist aims to guide employers through the key considerations surrounding the resignation of employees.
See a sample
You can rely and trust HR Advance because...
- As a multi-award winner, it offers proven value
- You can select, customise and manage legally compliant documents in minutes, saving you time and money
- All 200+ documents are reviewed and endorsed by Australian Business Lawyers & Advisors, providing you with peace of mind
- You are advised of any changes to our templates, so your documents are always up to date with changes to law and policy
- Secure online storage makes it is even easier to manage your HR/IR and Safety needs
- You can focus on other business matters, knowing your important Human Resource based documents are up to date and readily accessible in a central location
- The contract wizard reduces the risk when you want to select the right document for the right purpose